Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Trip to Mount Pangrango


Hello, it's been a year huh? So, straight to the point, here I want to share my trip to Mount Pangrango (3019 mdpl). Can you imagine, me climbed Mount Pangrango? Haha lol, yes, now I'm a part of Mountaineering Club (well, not only mountaineering, but also beach travelling) in my Faculty, named Humus. Actually, I've been a part of it since like April 2013, but the trip to Mount Pangrango was my first climbing.

So, I went there on Friday, April 18th. Actually, it was so sudden because my friend invited me like two days before the departure. We took Cibodas path for the trip. We started to walk from starting point at about 4.30 am on Saturday, arrived at "Air Terjun Panas" on about 7 am, cross "Kandang Batu 8 am, and arrived at the first stop in "Kandang Badak" on about 9.30 am. We took a rest had lunch, for about 2 hours and half, and then continued to climb.

Well, to be honest the path from the starting point until Kandang Batu was not that really hard. It is about 7-10 km. The path was not that steep and there was only one way. It kinda hurts because the path was paved by big rock, but that was not a big deal actually. The thing is, the path was really crowded at the time (at least for a mountain path), It was because that Friday was a holiday. Even, we needed to queue to cross Air Terjun Panas. But yeah, this is Gede Pangrango, or we can say "The Mountain Mall" lol.

After took a rest, we started to walk to the peak and here it comes, the real challenge. Yes, the path to the peak of Mount Pangrango was the real deal! The length is about 3 km and the path was so steep that the pace of walk was slowing down. We, literally climbed the path, you know, holding on root and stone etc. Even, my friend which has climbed mountain for more than 5 times said that the path was like the hardest path that he has ever crossed. After walking for about hours, we finally arrived at the peak at 4 p.m. Took a rest for minutes, and then continued to walk for about 5 minutes to Mandalawangi, place to camp.

Mandalawangi was really beautiful. Well, i've never been to any field with edelweiss before. Though my friends said that the place wasn't that beautiful compared to Surya Kencana (in Mount Gede), I don't care. It was so cold though. lol. We camped there, had dinner, sleep, took photos, made video, etc until 9 am, we started to going down. Long story short, we arrived at Cibodas 9 pm, and arrived at home at Monday 0.30 am. Lol

Here is the budget I spent (could be less or more lol)
Items Amount Information
Simaksi 35000
Train 3000 Universitas Indonesia - Bogor
Angkot 32000 Bogor - Cibodas
Angkot 30000 Cibodas - Universitas Indonesia
Logistics 20000 My friends prepared for it
Total 120000









1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cie

Post a Comment